Transparent Teal Star

The Green Tea Addiction

Since we stepped on teen-age, our moms usually make us starting to care more about our skin. Probably most of moms do the same, and so did mine. My first facial cleanser was from Nivea and then I tried everything else from Hada Labo, Clean & Clear, Biore, Acnes, then started eyeing those from any Korean brands since I started selling Korean cosmetics as well. I bought The Faceshop's Herb Day, tried on Etude House and Skinfood's facial cleanser, and ended up using Natasha (local dermatology skin product) before I finally found the one.

INNISFREE GREEN TEA CLEANSING FOAM

From the brands I've stated above, almost all worked none on my skin. Some broke me out, some dried my skin to the point it felt like my skin was pulled back (and it was hurting like hell), and the rest just didn't work magic and had no effect on me, unlike this one. 


I've talked about my latest addiction on Innisfree's Green Tea Balancing Cream on previous post, and I bought this cleansing foam when my Balancing Cream was almost empty. I browsed through the web to find out which Innisfree Cleansing Foam that suits my skin best. I was torn between this Green Tea or Apple Juicy one, but some of the reviews on the web said the Apple Juicy one makes their skin dry or at least accentuate the dry patch and not moisturising at all. I was thinking of getting the Olive one but I'm afraid it will make my skin oily, so the choice fell upon Green Tea one since I already use the cream for quite some times and don't experience any disappointment.

Instruction & ingredients
 For something tagged at around IDR100,000-130,000 (or more in some online shops) or around USD 10-12, this product is not as expensive as it sounds. For the tagged price, you're getting 150 ml of product, and for each usage you only need a small bead of the product which will lather with soft, fluffy, gentle foam that will cover your entire face just fine. I'm guessing this will last at least 7 to 8 months if I'm using this alone (my mom tried this too but she likes The Minimum series better, will review it too later). 

Expiration date: 2018-12-27
 Just like any other common facial foam packaging, Innisfree's Green Tea Cleansing Foam comes in a plastic tube with fresh lime green colour all over the tube and darker green for the cap. The packaging is very, very regular but still has the Innisfree touch and the image of eco-products. And I heard Innisfree accepts empty tubs/bottles/jar if you have any physical store on your vicinity. Iirc, the empties can be exchanged for points which you can use later on the store but I forgot how. Very convenient and eco-friendly brand, nah?


The cleansing foam itself is white, can be guessed much from being free from colorant agents. The product is creamy, lathering lots of foam despite the dispensed amount, and even though it has lots of foam, it doesn't dry up my skin and doesn't leave my skin all dry and feel like it's being pulled from every direction. Thankfully it doesn't do that.

Picture from innisfreeworld.com, always forgot to take my phone to shower so I guess this will do. Sorry >_<;;
FYI, the amount on the pic above is WAY TOO MUCH for your face. Trust me, I only use 1/12 from that amount and it already lathers well for my entire face. That amount on the pic probably enough to cover your entire body *laughs*.

PERFORMANCES

On me (result my differ depends on skin type and conditions anyway), somehow Innisfree managed to take all of my attention to its Green Tea line. Just like the cream, the cleansing foam also works wonders on me. 
As I've said, despite the amount of foam, it doesn't dry my skin. Instead, it cleanse my face pretty well from unwanted dust and other dirty particles and it makes my face feels fresh without any drying feel. But take note that this is not recommended for all-kill makeup cleanser. I would suggest double cleansing (remover+cleansing facial foam) for maximum cleanse after wearing makeup all day long.
For the scent, it smells just like the cream and probably the rest of Green Tea line from Innisfree. Although named and claimed having green tea extract in it, the smell is far from green tea-ish but smells more like citrusy and fresh scent of something I can't really describe. Does it smell good? Yes. It's soft, fresh, pleasant, and not too overpowering for my taste. But, well, I'm the kind of person who doesn't get bothered by artificial scent for my facial products (as it doesn't break me out) unless it's too strong. If you really can't stand scented products, maybe you can consider Innisfree's Minimum line.

VERDICTS

+ Affordable
+ 4-free system: synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, and imidazolidinyl urea*
+ Such an amount for that kind of price
+ A little goes a long way so I guess the whole tube will last for at least 6 months
+ Not drying (on my combo skin, oily T-zone & normal cheeks)
+ hygienic tube container
+ non-Korean-tongue friendly ingredients list and direction
- nothing yet and I guess I won't find one :p

BUY IT AGAIN?

Definitely YES. YES YES.
Unless Innisfree is releasing another line which I will get interested into :p


Okay that's all from me, thank you for reading and if you know something that works like this cleanser please tell me! ;D


*Imidazolidinyl urea is an antimicrobial PRESERVATIVE used in cosmetics. It acts as a formaldehyde releaser (definitely not something you'd like to use for your face for long period isn't it XD).


Share:

0 comments