Transparent Teal Star

[K-POP] UNBOXING "KWON JI YONG" ALBUM

HI IT'S ME AGAIN

I know I don't usually post K-pop things here but I think this one deserves an unboxing because I THINK it's really really revolutionary, and changing the perspective on how a 'physical album' should be made.

After few days contemplating on buying the album or not, well pardon me this is quite pricey lol, I decided to buy and support and this is not the decision I regret, after I got my hands on this album.

OK let's get it on to the album!

G-DRAGON: KWON JI YONG

The appearance is just the same as you seen on promotions. Yes, that SUBTLE promotions. Red plastic case, reflective cover, wrapped in thin plastic with barcode and MADE IN CHINA thingy as usual. I wonder if this China production came from Seungri's connection LOL.


After the plastic came off, here's what it looks like. ALL RED. THE COLOUR OF THE ROYALTY.

On top of the cover is the 'warning', my Korean-speaking friend said it's read as "under 19 should not listen to this album" and we all know the reason LOL.


The inside of the album. Only has one red-painted flashdisk and nothing else. Simple, very personal, yet still classy. 


That famous handwriting of Kwon eomma, the day she had her son, and the day this world blessed with such creative music prodigy. Look at how reflective the back cover is and the red is really vibrant, really nice, I really love this! Like it's already stated, the handwriting has the information of newborn Jiyong: "Kwon Ji Yong, A type, 1988/8/18" on it.


I thought it's embossed or something like that but it's not because my fingertips can't feel anything. It's smooth like nothing is written on it.

Look at that personal part of G-Dragon I'm holding in my very own hand. Such a touch.
And my mutual VIP on Twitter said her flashdisk stained her hands the second she touched it and the red paint came off after being wiped with tissue and what was left is metal-silver flashdisk.
She asked the timeline whether it was a defective product or what might caused it. One of our mutual VIP replied that it's the concept of this personal album. The hand-painted red was made to wear off when get in contact with the owner of this flashdisk, symbolising a newborn baby stained red with blood and got cleaned when the blood wiped away. The concept is he wants the owner of this KJY album gets a little part of him, or something like that, from what I read before.

APPARENTLY MINE DOESN'T WIPE OFF LOL. I tried wiping it with tissue but it only stained the tissue and my hand reddish. I think it will completely come off if came in contact with water but I don't think I'll do it.

LET'S MOVE ON TO THE CONTENT! 

When you plugged the flashdisk, you'll see the content like this.
Click on the last one (highlighted) to be redirected to the site
 which has this picture of the 'blood-stained' flashdisk, and it actually has blinking typing cursor in the middle of the disk, means you're required to type the code included in your purchase to enter the content site, which was printed under the flashdisk in the physical album. 

After you successfully inputting the code, you'll enter the site and it will look like this


You can download each of the song here, along with other two tabs consists of the concept photos and MVs and making. Mind yourself, the files are damn huge. Each download from the songs has compressed folder sized 50MB, the MVs are around 250MB each, and the pictures are 1MB each. The song folders has 3 files: .mp3, .wav, and .pdf.

PHOTOS SECTION


VIDEO SECTION

What surprise me more are those EXCLUSIVE MVs.
The exclusive Muje has Jiyong with tidier look, from hair to clothing and makeup. And the 'Muje' Making Film looks so damn beautiful. I never thought a MV making video can be this beautiful. I'm legit tearing up over the making video. This person knows how to make his fans feel very special, and I'm feeling grateful to have this guy as a person I look up to.

Side story on Muje making:
One of the staff said GD shoots this in an hour or less, although the total time allocated was two days but GD over a day of the team's time.
ONE. HOUR. ONLY. HOLY SHT JIYONG.

I think this flashdisk will be kept inside its case and only used occasionally (LOL) since I know I can't keep monitoring on the disk so I will confine my very own baby Jiyong in its cradle.

So this is my unboxing thing, and I haven't been this excited since I don't know when.
If you have extra incomes and you want to support this little baby here, please buy the original. I's really worth every little penny you spent.

OK, see you again soon, back on K-cosmetics review! <3


xoxo

Share:

0 comments